Itz just about Me and My World

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Whew ..... 12 Movies in 3 Days

The three months that i had spent in XLRI has not just deprived me of Mom's Food, but also some good movies. There was a huge Movie database in college. There were a lot of awesome movies and to say the least, It was a lovely compilation. But still something was lacking at Jamshedpur and i was never in a mood to see movies. Not in a mood to analyse what was that lacking substance in XLRI, I decided to Use my 2 week vacation to quench my thirst for movies.

I have not watched any movie alone till date. It is very tough to even imagine that situation when i am stranded without any friends to give company for movies. Back home in chennai i had lots of friends and we used to grace every theater in and around chennai atleast within the first 4 days of the release of a movie. Watching a movie before anyone else has always been on the top my passion list. What to do ?? I am typical chennai-ite, whose world of fun starts and ends at movie theaters.

In my college days, It would be a movie every week and I have seen most of the movies(awesome, good , horrible etc....) in theater. First day - First shows have been such a predominant word in my dictionary that my life at XLRI was not gratifying sans movies that has been a pacemaker of my life so far ...

This time around, the Grind started with "Anbae Aaruyire" with sathish at Udayam Cineplex. It was followed by Attagasam, london, New, The Chinese Connection(Bruce Lee), Bose, Anniyan, Oru Naal Oru kanavu, Naayagan, Finding Nemo and Dus. Everything culminated with a grand (Night-)show-down at Sangam complex(Here is a snap to mark the end of my conquest) with the lastest hit "Thotti Jaya".
May look like a long list ... Yeah ! 32 hours of movie in 72 hours(3 days). What a 3 days it has been .... Doing my favourite thing without my parents shouting at me for all this ..... It will remain in my memory for a long time. Long live chennai and its theaters.

JK

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home