Itz just about Me and My World

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Small is Beautiful

It has always been our habit to love all those things that are in their most basic, primitive and small form. We still have the habit of having small toys of trucks, cars and other things which we dont really attach a lot of importance to. Be it animate or lifeless objects, small is always cute and beautiful at the same time.

Haven't you ever wondered why we like even creatures like pig and monkeys when they are small. Elephants look damn cute when they are small. I collect small pens, minuscule looking accesories and items. To be very specific, i love the small ponds' cold cream and vaseline chota packs that were available during winters across india. More than the economy value, its the size that allured me. Why are people moving from the brick like nokias to small and stylish motorola ?

I have never thought about this fact until my cousin sister gave birth to a baby gal some hours ago. I was one of the first few to take a glimpse of her as sooon as she landed on this holy planet. Mankind in its purest form, she was a joy to watch. While she was crying, all of us were happily smiling and enjoying her first few hours. Rarely you see people smiling, while another crying his/her hearts out. Just the look of her was enough to give me that eternal feeling of satisfaction. I was so used to babies and i just love them. But, It has been a long time since i saw a new born. Never before have i clearly seen such a minuscule homosapien. She was so cute. She would have painlessly fitted into my shirt pocket. She was so small and cho chweeeet. Having beeen soaked in bloood had given her a pinkish colour which increase the alluring effect.

I knew i could not handle her safely as i was not used to small babies. I always prefered looking at them and enjoying the moment from a distance. But, She was my neice and I wanted to hold her in my arms. My hands were trembling. Looked like she will easily fit into my palm. I looked at people around me. All of them were busy looking at her. She was in limelight. Nobody even noticed my presence in chennai at such an odd time in the calendar. she deserved all the attention in the world that she was receiving. I am feeling the happiness which i have never felt before in my life. Words cannot really express everything. But emotions can .... May god bless the new one and give her everything that she desires.

Atlast some one will call me Maama and mean it ....... Nikita ...... She was small, cute and beautiful.

JK

2 Comments:

Blogger Sathish said...

Nikita is so cute da...

:)

Sathish

1:17 AM  
Blogger Pradeepa Rao said...

that is such a cute baby, awwww.... i wish i cud cuddle her once :D

2:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home