Itz just about Me and My World

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Missing you ....

Machi,

It has been one year since you decided to leave me and the world behind. I am sure it was not an easy decision that you took. It has not been easy for me to forget or forgive you. For the last one week, your memories have been haunting me every time I opened the home page of my Orkut. I cannot really believe that you had gone ….I heard your voice and I still hear it.

It was indeed the most painful days in my life. You made me cry in front of everyone for the first time in my life. I cried endlessly for months. I woke up in the middle of the sleep hearing your voice. Everything I did or saw reminded me of you in some way. Ours was a small campus and any friend there was very close. You were my Roomie. I virtually spent my entire first year in your presence. I woke up every day seeing your face. We prepared together for every exam … Ran together to the profs room in the last minute to submit assignments … Bunked classes together … slept in the last bench on all QT2 classes … took kallappa’s case together … fought with sathish together …. danced together in most of the wetnites … shared an amazing interest to churn out new Gaalis in tamil … hid together inside the room during all those holy dip and dunking times … sold tickets for Maxi Bazaar together …. I spent some of the best times in my life with you.

Everything about you was special. You never knew how much I loved your spontaneous jokes and would often repeat them to shiv and sathish. You never know how much we wanted you around in every dinner table conversations we had. You don’t know how many guys in the batch looked forward to you to help them before exams. You never know how many of us still remember your placecomm soapbox which left the entire hall in splits. ….. & I didn’t know that I will never get to tell you all this.

May be, if we had stuck to our plan of taking a double room together in our second year, I would have saved you. May be I did not deserve to have you around for the rest of my life. Dunno why am writing this …… Felt like saying “I really miss you & wish you had never done that”.

May your soul rest in peace…

JK

2 Comments:

Blogger The Lonely Backpacker said...

I remembered him.. on november 7th ( his bday ) and 17th..

I didn't open Orkut.. but still

somehow I felt like visiting your blog...

4:48 AM  
Blogger Craze Maze said...

someone i can never forget. something i can never forget. the first 2 days i did not cry. i still remember every moment of those days. and how much i cried on the third day throughout...

2:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home