Itz just about Me and My World

Monday, February 18, 2008

Breakfast in Malleshwaram, Lunch at Mylapore and Dinner at Matunga - Part 2

(Continued from Part 1 ...)

8:50 AM: Bangalore Airport.

Flight to Chennai Delayed by 40 minutes – Thanks to the screwed up traffic at Bangalore airport and an air traffic congestion at delhi from where the aircraft was coming. Ticketing and security check took me 30 minutes (By Bangalore Standards you can consider yourself lucky if you spend anything less than an hour at the security check in). After standing in that insanely crowded airport, the enthusiasm and energy I had after the divine tasting mysore masala dosa and coffee vanished in no time. (Even the good old dusty town bus stand in tanjaavur is a much better place than Bangalore airport).

As I sluggishly entered the flight, a whole bunch of women and men who look like woman (looking like the gay icon ranbir kapoor) scared me with a loud greeting and I moved away as far as I can from those men.

“Good Morning! Welcome Again Sir! How are you?”, greeted a lady with a very friendly smile.

“Shit! Looks like she had seen me before this. Have I begun traveling a bit too much?”, I thought. Quickly trying to avoid an embarrassment, I replied with my usual scary trademark smile, “Thanks! I am good!”.

I quickly began looking for her name badge and in the process embarrassed her further (if you understood what I meant) and continued, “How are you doing Lipika?”

“Good Sir! Not seen you in this sector for long”, she said reassuring me that I am not traveling all that often.

I dragged myself to some non-reclining seat, the buffoon in the counter offered me, quoting lame excuses like, “Sorry Sir! You are late and this is all we have”. I crashed into my seat and quickly dozed off. Half way through the sleep, I had this weird feeling of some one trying to wake me up. I had the shock of my life when I decided to open my eyes. That ‘Ranbir Kapoor’ chap was shaking my shoulders in an attempt to wake me up very romantically for the breakfast. I very politely asked him to move away and my “stay away” look said it all. I saw to that he was gone and was nowhere in the vicinity and then continued to sleep in an attempt to get back to dream of doing an item number with aishwarya Rai, in the middle of which I was woken up by this monkey (hope the Australians don’t call me racist)

11:00 AM – Chennai Airport

One of the better airports across the country, It was the usual Chennai temperature of 36 Celsius. The city has perennially been so used to temperatures like 35-40 Celsius, that you can find people wearing mufflers and monkey-caps to escape the December temperature of a very cold 25 Celsius.

I was looking around for the driver and there was this Placard which read, “Hindustan Unilever – Joirum Krishna”. Holy Christ! I have no clue how people can consistently screw up my name. I was quite puzzled at how people arrived at a name which looks like a classic mix of Bengali Rasagula Dipped in Spicy Pepper Rasam. “If a driver in Chennai cannot get my name right, I should avoid going to Bihar or Punjab where my name might get mutilated beyond recognition”, I muttered.

11:30 AM – Mylapore – Consumer Research.



This went on for a couple of hours after which I was really hungry and the team wanted me to take them out to a nice restaurant for lunch.

3:30 PM – Saravana Bhavan, Mylapore.

We a little too late into the day and the meals which saravana bhavan is always known for was over. However, I was not in a mood for a full meal. We decided to relish some Ittili and Dhosai in the chennai ishtyle. Saravana Bhavan is kinda a ‘Destination’ Place for me and none of my Chennai trips are complete without murdering a plate of mini sambhar idly (a dish where there is more ghee on the plate than the sambhar). Its damn Yumm and the plate was empty in no time. Yeh Dil Maange More !! I looked at my collegue in the other side of the table and signaled for another dish. “Dude! I am hungry. We shall order something more”, she said fiddling her spoon into a bowl of sambhar vada. I called the waiter and said, “Anne! Rendu Masala Dosai” [Two Masala Dosa Brother]. “Noouuuu! I waannnntt Raaoooovvaaaooo Dooosshhhaaaiii”, She said trying chewing on to the vada soaked in steaming sambhar. I looked at the Waiter and he smiled and shook his head. “Stunning one, lady! Looks like he understood you. But, wait till he gets the food.”, the optimist in me said watching the waiter disappear into the kitchen..

4:30 PM – Home Sweet Home

6:30 was the flight back to Mumbai and there was not a lot of time left, but still home is just too good to forgo. Mom makes the best of filter coffees and its way better than the coffee at the best of the restaurants. There is nothing like a nice long conversation with mom over a cup of coffee. This time around, I was n a rush and grabbed a quick cuppa coffee at my home and rush to the airport.

8:20 PM - Back in Mumbai Airport.

Back in the busiest of all places, I was wondering what to do? I had called up a friend of mine and asked him to turn up at Matunga. Matunga is a complete south Indian place in Mumbai and you get the best idlys, dosa and more than everything else, a nice tasting udupi speciality kannadiga meal. I fixed up a deal with this guy and landed up in Ramnaik – A nice udupi restaurant where they serve the best udupi delicacies.

9:10 PM – Ramnaik @ Matunga

Chappati, Channa Masala, Capsicum Sambhar, Tomato Rasam, Ladies Finger Poriyal, Mix Veg Kootu, Curd, Lemon Pickle …. coupled with hot carrot halwa. What else can you ask for in life?

10:00 PM – Back in my room

I sleepishly entered the room after having had a long but very memorable day. I not just did things that I love doing, but also enjoyed doing them. There is nothing like getting the best of the things and looking back on what you did with a satisfied smile. That was a great day being in 3 different places I love within a span of 20 hours, traveling thousands of miles, Eating stuffs that you love and being with people who bring you a great deal of comfort.

Breakfast in Malleshwaram, Lunch at Mylapore and Dinner at Matunga – what more can I ask for?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

10:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good one! i just made tons of another emo backgrounds to my blog
http://www.emo-backgrounds.info

10:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://lumerkoz.edu Very interesting tale http://www.comicspace.com/buspar/ donatenow http://soundcloud.com/effexor seafood http://www.comicspace.com/cardizem/ pspfinal chagas http://barborazychova.com/members/Buy-Plavix.aspx signing http://www.lovespeaks.org/profiles/blogs/buy-valtrex caulfield dependable

10:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to thank You for visiting this page. Please allow me to have the opportunity to express my satisfaction with acid reflux cough Treatment. They offer professional and express support. Please look at this : [url=http://sellhealth.forumhealth.net/acid-reflux-treatment/]acid reflux[/url].

I like what causes acid reflux information, You will too.

2:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ceinture louis vuitton pas cher [url=http://www.lvsacnew.fr]lunette louis vuitton pas cher[/url] itdjfp Louis Vuitton [url=http://www.lvspeedy.fr]Louis Vuitton Soldes[/url] fxidtv

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home